Sunday, March 28, 2010

Puppy, puppy, puppy, other stuff, puppy.

Okay, so I am realizing that for the next few weeks this blog is going to be much less about me than it is going to be about Naavah and how freaking adorable she is. I feel the need to warn those of you who have been reading that there will be nothing substantial going on here. I'm just going to update constantly about her hic-ups, her relationship with Wilco, her house training, etc. Feel free to tune me out.

Naavah sleeps most of the time, which I don't think will last very long. We got Wilco when he was about 6 weeks older than her, and he was wildly energetic, displaying symptoms of ADHD and/or demon possession. I hope that her cuddly nature will last into adulthood, though. She loves to snuggle more than anyone I've ever met. She loves being held, and if there's no one to cuddle with, she will burrow under a pillow or between the couch cushions. Today, she and Wilco cuddled for the first time, and I felt like my wildest dreams had come true. I want them to be good friends, and so far it's looking like we can expect just that. They've been playing so well together- he's been so patient, and she has learned quickly that she can trust him not to chomp her head off, even though he is 10 times her size.
With Babs, Naavah is having no such luck. I'm not planning to leave those two in a room unsupervised, since I keep catching Babs assuming hunter's stance while staring crazily at Naavah and swishing her tail. Sorry Babs... it's not gonna happen.
For the most part, however, everyone is living in harmony. Daniel and I have noticed that if we stay in the same room for a substantial period of time, all three of our pets will join us. Today, we brought Naavah with us to take a nap and left the door open. Wilco wandered in looking pitiful, so we invited him to get in the bed, which never happens. He was too excited to sleep at first, and kept turning in circles, lying down, standing back up, turning the other direction, etc. Babs wasn't far behind, and hopped up on the footboard to observe the chaos. Eventually, everyone in the house was asleep in the same full sized bed. It was a bonding experience.

Meanwhile, I'm afraid I will never complete another productive task. I try to wash the dishes, but then I "take a break," pick Navaah up, and don't set her down for several days... rinse, repeat.
Yesterday we took Naavah to Petsmart, and after finding the only collar that fit her, we went to check out. The cashier pointed to Naavah and asked, "this for that dog?" When we answered yes, she responded, "You know this a cat collah, right?" "No, we didn't," I answered, "But that explains the bell. We'll take it."

In other, more newsworthy news, the Meigs came through town last night and we enjoyed a short but sweet visit with them. Mary and Joe are on spring break this week, and so they were heading down to Gulf Shores for the first trip in their new pop-up camper. When they got to town, Daniel, Nate, the Meigs and I all went to The Family Wash. We enjoyed good food, good conversation, and, in little Hannah's case, a very refreshing nap in Daniel's lap. Since they were delayed by a flat tire, they camped in our driveway overnight.This morning, we got up and had coffee with them before they got back on the road. This was the first time for them to see our house since we've been married, and we were really happy to have family in our home.
Speaking of people in our home, I have a strong desire for everyone to see Naavah before she gets any bigger. If you're planning on coming to Nashville soon, or just crossing town for a visit, you are more than welcome to- the sooner, the better. I want to share the joy of a pocket sized puppy while she's still so tiny.
Can you imagine how absurd I will be when I have an actual baby? Food for thought...

1 comment:

  1. Audrey said you may come here Easter weekend and bring Naavah...is it true???

    ReplyDelete