Friday, March 26, 2010

Meet Naavah

Today, we were hoping to find some time to go look at a few litters of huskies we'd found online. We didn't plan on making any purchases just yet, we just wanted to shop around. We realized the folly of this plan only after it was too late, and we were on our way home with the first puppy some stranger put in my arms. I don't know what we thought was going to happen. Like we were going to casually and conscientiously sort through all the reasonably priced puppies in the greater Nashville area, then go home to sleep on it, saying, "I don't know... none of those puppies were as cute as I'd hoped." Right.
We weren't even sure we were getting a puppy. A little piece of advice: if you ever want a puppy but are not sure you should get one, don't go look at puppies to help you make your decision. Because as strong as you are, you cannot resist the cuteness of a puppy. Any puppy. Even if you hate dogs... you love puppies. You are putty in their tiny paws. They'll look at you with these adorable (blue!) eyes that say, "take me home with you! I'll be good, I promise!" and then you'll melt and take them to your house, where they will promptly poop on your brand new carpet.
I am so in love with this little girl, (it's a girl,) and so is Daniel. Her name is Naavah. Here are some pictures, lest you judge our rash decision. Could you resist this face?
Her first bath. She was not a fan, but she smells awesome now.


Wilco loves his baby sister, and tries not to scare her.

2 comments: