Thursday, November 24, 2011

Baby Bed

Last night while I baked Thanksgiving pies, Daniel assembled the crib. Now our little Leland nook is all set up and ready for a baby boy. Leland's nursery is also a shared office space, so Daniel and Leland are going to chill together in their man cave all the time. I'm just waiting for the day that "No Girls Allowed" poster shows up on the door.


The aquarium, one of Daniel's favorite hobbies, is sure to be a lot of fun for Leland as well. It will also double over as a noise maker and a night light. A very expensive night light.



My sweet friend Roseanna Hatton hand-sewed these sweet little fox and owl pillows for Leland. Roseanna is also pregnant, and her baby girl (Leland's girlfriend,) Lyla is due on December 13th. We are so, so excited to meet sweet Lyla Grace soon!

The canvas with the writing on it was painted with love by Leland's Aunt Audrey. It features the lyrics to my favorite lullaby, "You Cannot Lose My Love"which makes me cry every single dad-gum time I hear it. It's by Sara Groves. Go figure. Here's how it goes:

You will lose your baby teeth.
At times, you'll lose your faith in me.
You will lose a lot of things,
But you cannot lose my love.

You may lose your appetite,
Your guiding sense of wrong and right.
You may lose your will to fight,
But you cannot lose my love.

You will lose your confidence,
In times of trial, your common sense.
You may lose your innocence,
But you cannot lose my love.

Many things can be misplaced,
Your very memories be erased.
No matter what the time or space,
You cannot lose my love.

-Sara Groves

Agh. Now I'm crying.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. God has been so faithful. I am thankful for His providence and provision, and for the love and support of our family and friends this year as we've prepared to welcome our little one.

5 comments:

  1. I love Leland's nook! It is perfect. He will love the fishes. And I love that he is surrounded by handmade things from people who love him even before he's breathed his first breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leland's nook looks perfect! Who wouldn't want an aquarium by their bed? I mean, can grown up visitors just put a sleeping bag on the floor under his crib and be lulled to sleep with those gentle sounds, too? The pillows are darling and the pennant banner is such a punch of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that that lullaby will be hanging over him every night. His nook is so perfect for a little baby Meigs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful! Can't wait to see it up close!

    ReplyDelete