Saturday, May 14, 2011

Super Daniel

Today, I want to talk about what makes Daniel Meigs is the best baby daddy a girl could hope for.

I mentioned a few of my annoying pregnancy symptoms in my last post, including fatigue. I'm going to talk about that one some more. Y'all, I've been a mess. I can barely pull it together long enough to get myself cleaned up, dressed and to and from work, where I'm pretty much a zombie. On days I don't work, I'm generally about as productive as one of these guys. For a while, the tasks around the house that I normally take care of- cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, etc.- were either being severely neglected or performed by a very cranky little girl. But not anymore. Because guess what? Daniel Meigs to the rescue, that's what.

I've been so thankful to have Daniel these past few weeks. He noticed that I was struggling to keep my head above water, so one day he just started doing everything I was too tired to take care of. He didn't ask me if I needed help, he just started helping. One day, out of the blue, I came home from work to find the formerly filthy kitchen spotless and dinner in the oven. Dinner! Dinner has been the bane of my existance on days I work, because it involves forethought and preperation, and by the time I get home I'm already starving, and there is nothing scarier than a hungry pregnant woman. Trust me on this. Fixing dinner after work has probably made me the crankiest I've been over anything these past 13 weeks. I'm tired, my feet hurt, and I just want to lie down and magically have food in my belly. But it's not. And I have to stand up on my angry pregnant feet and make it. So if Daniel had presented me with a diamond encrusted tiara in that exact same moment, I probably would have been like, "that's nice, honey, but DINNER?! This is too much!"

Another thing: I don't know where Daniel is getting all this energy and time. He works too, you know. When he doesn't have a shoot, he spends most of the day editing. I don't understand how he's getting all his work done and still managing to pick up my slack, but I'm grateful to be married to Mighty Man.

I feel so blessed to be going into this whole parenting thing with such a sweet partner. It's so good to know that when I have too much on my plate, he'll come through for me and he'll do it with such a cheerful spirit.


He ain't too hard on the eyes, neither.

5 comments:

  1. His work ethic comes from a hard summer with his pa-paw, but I'm glad he shows love to his wife by being so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there! it should get easier soon! Around 14 weeks is when you start to feel better. Old wives' tale but i heard that you are more tired with girls... i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danyer really is a good guy. Glad ya'll are making it work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good man! And what a good mama you are already! Good work growing that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that hubby of yours, Hannah!!!

    ReplyDelete